Monday, August 23, 2010

Keeping the Faith to Endure in Troubled Times: My Personal Testimony Part III

So where was I? Oh yes, now I remember....

I was so engulfed with helping God's people that I forgot all about the 100 applications that I had on the job market. I was so engulfed with helping God's people that forgot all about me, my problems and my situation. It was all about the people of God!

And in that I had also found joy, peace, happiness and a sense of fulfillment that I had never felt before. I was really content with my life and with doing kingdom business...

All of sudden, I received a call from a major food and beverage corporation concerning a training supervisor position. I was ecstatic! I said within myself, if this is for me God, you will make it happen! I felt so peaceful about the opportunity.

The company that I was working for made several counter offers; some of which were VERY hard for me to refuse. But in the end I chose purpose over immediate financial pleasures. And what a wise decision that was... {If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him~James 1:5}.

I landed a better paying job, that was closer to home with stellar benefits in a career that I loved!!! I give God all the glory, the praise and the honor to Him because it is in this economy that He blessed me with a new opportunity to fuel my passion and to fulfill my purpose in life!

I hope that my testimony will encourage you to keep your faith in troubled times!

No comments: