Thursday, June 3, 2010

A Shower for Sandra

Back in March I hosted a birthday party/ bridal shower for Sandra at work.... Sandra is was one of my favorite employees as she always made me the absolute best homemade salsa ever!!!!

I decided to go with pink and zebra as the theme... The picture frame seen above and the candles seen below where purchased at the Dollar Tree and embellished with ribbon, rhinestones and flowers that were all in my scrapbooking stash at home!

I once asked a very popular event planner/florist if he could offer me one tip for hosting/having a fabulous event and he said lights make a world of difference.... And I believed that he was right! Here are a few more close-ups of the candle light....



And for my most cr8tive piece.... An altered bucket.... I purchased the bucket and ladle below from the Dollar Tree and altered it to make a punch bowl/bucket. As you can see I removed the handle and embellished it using the ribbon and flowers from my scrapping stash...


It was a major hit and I am soo proud of it!
Have you altered any common household items only to become a hit at your event? If so what was it and how was it used?
Up next.... do you have your umbrella!
I predict that a few showers are headed your way!

No comments: