Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Visuality Events: Kylin's King of the Jungle Baby Shower

In May of 2009, I planned a Jungle themed baby shower so for this shower I was able to incorporate many of the same ideas; especially the centerpieces. You can read the full recap of last year's shower here.


With that in mind, I began to work on projects that would enable me to pair new concepts and ideas along with the pre-existing ones.
For a different take on the centerpieces, I replaced the glass mirrors with bamboo place mats.



I also embellished the wooden frame from the Dollar Tree. It tied in with the theme as well as enhanced the gift table.







Lastly, I made a DIAPER CAKE! You read it right... For the first time in my life I created a DIAPER CAKE! I was very pleased with my trial run, but for future ones I would ensure that the diapers are all white and I would use a thicker ribbon...



Using ideas from a precious event and improving them; made planning this event somewhat challenging. I had to channel my creativity in ways in which I probably never would have thought to do had I not been presented with this opportunity...


The most important lesson that I have learned from this experience is that creativity is recyclable. Use it and reuse it... that's how you progress from goodness to greatness!


Up next, a fabuluos 33rd birthday party!

No comments: