Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Corisha's 30th Cirque De Fete

Inspired by the Cirque de Bebe baby shower on Hostess with the Mostess; I decided to do a Cirque De Fete themed party for Corisha's 30th Birthday Celebration. I had a blast! I think that Mr. Falsetto was absolutely right when he stated that I had as much fun planning the party than the guest had at the party :)! Planning is a party that I can have all by.my.self {that's me posing for the photographer as she worked on her lighting; I grew tired after 4 shots}!

Let's take it from the top shall we? For the invites we decided to do a large poster. A huge shout out to my girl Printable Bride for setting the stage for the party with the smashing poster invite seen below.

Corisha has a huge clientele base and we wanted to ensure that everybody was invited. We hung the poster in the fourier of her business and provided a feathery pen and a flashy guestbook for her guest to RSVP. {I had the pen on hand and purchased the guestbook from Hallmark; I embellished them both with bling, ribbon and feathers; can you say a Fete with a little Feathery Flair}?
The walls of the room in which the party would take place were painted lime green and purple! Ideas begin to instantly race through my mind about how I could incorporate those colors and still create a fabulous party for an emerging business leader turning 30!

So I did what I do best and took a field trip to Hobby Lobby. With the photos from the Cirque Bebe in mind; I suddenly found myself traveling down the feather aisle. And then it happened... I laid eyes on package of lime green and magenta pink speckled feathers. The light bulb went off, the sirens sounded and the bells rang! Magenta pink, lime green, purple, black and zebra print. I know it sounds like a lot, but I assure you that there was an instant love affair between the theme for party, the colors and me! I can't wait to show you how it all came together!

First off the cake! I surfed the web and found about five inspiration photogs to carry to the cake designer. The first photo is of my original inspiration and the second one is of the actual cake. I must admit that I liked ours much, much more :)!





Secondly, the cake stand! I wanted the cake presentation to WOW the guest! So, I solicited the help of a great friend {thanks Jana} to help me cover two large square boxes... I was sooooo happy with the outcome of the stand! Did I mention that I had bling EVERYWHERE?


I love all of the new connected birthday banners that are being created using scrapbook paper, ribbon and the Cricut! I decided to try my hand at creating one for this birthday bash. I was really pleased with the outcome! I think I found another hidden talent!

I hung this banner over the magenta photo backdrop that I ordered online for $4.99! It showed up really well.


For the centerpieces I alternated between ballons and feathered glass centerpieces seen below... I used a little bling and floating candles in the glass centerpieces. They were absolutely adorable with the lights out!!!!


I was very pleased with the overall outcome of this event and the guest were double-ly impressed! I just thank God for the gift of creativity and the ability to make it all come together... Give me your vison and I will make it your reality at Visuality Planning and Events!
I will leave you with some bonus pics.... enjoy!

The gift that keeps on giving...







The welcome table...



And that all folks!
Until next time,
M'Shonta

No comments: