Friday, April 12, 2013

Don't Let Anyone Demolish Your Dreams!

When I was in the 2nd grade, we made a book in Mrs. Norman's class that outlined what we wanted to be when we grew up... I said that I wanted to be an airline stewardess or restaurant manager for KFC like my mother.... The class roared with laughter because I didn't want to be a doctor, lawyer or Indian chief... I remember crying because I felt as though my dreams were not BIG enough!!! This morning as I reflect on the goodness of God, I laugh because the dream that He placed on the inside of me way back then is the currently my reality... Today I am a Product Manager for one of the largest food industries in the world that flies all around the nation ensuring the safety and quality of the food that we consume!! Isn't it funny how God works? So, today I will leave you with an excerpt from one of my favorite poems by Langston Hughes. Don't let anyone demolish your dreams!




1 comment: