Tuesday, April 21, 2009

A "Tea"lightful Time

Hello Blogland!
I know.... I know.... I know... But you can't say that I did not warn you first... LOL! This weekend was my best friend's bridal tea. And yes, I must admit that this tea consumed every.single.moment of my free time and thus my posts were few and far between... But now, I am back and I am going to pour you up some "tea"lightful recaps...

In the invitation, all the ladies were asked to wear hat and gloves and her mother ordered a variety of the finest teas in the land. My personal favorite was Earl Grey, which also happened to be the tea that Queen Elizabeth and First Lady Michelle Obama drank during their spot of tea a few weeks ago. Now.... where was I???? Oh yeah....that's it....... The Bridal Tea....

The tables were all uniquely decorated with fine china and the coordinating bridal bouquets made beau"tea"ful centerpieces. Here is an example below, but this one just had the clear place settings... You have to see the china to appreciate it... I will have to do a separate post on the tables once I get the photos...
Ekkkkkk! If I continue to type like this, I will be typing forever......Soooooo-oh, since a picture is said to be worth a thousand words, let's see if they can help me out here... LOL!

Let's start take it from the top.... The party favors... I stayed up until 4:00 a.m. Saturday morning working on the tea... My labor of love produced these lil' cu"teas." I purchased the party bags from Hobby Lobby for $1.99 for ten. The flowers were a part of a bush that I pulled apart from the Dollar Tree and embellished them with black rhinestones. The total cost for these gift bags were only about 25 cents each! Aren't they adorable?



Next the food.... We had the normal tea foods.... Teacakes, muffins, tomato and cucumber sandwiches and a tas"tea" spread of desserts. I did not get all the food shots that I wanted, but I managed to snap a few....




And finally, the tea was a huge success! Here are some of the ladies in attendance complete with hats and gloves!

Mom and Bride-to-Be.......


Me and Bride-to-Be........



A "tea"lightful time was had by all... We need to find a reason to do this again... Hmm?!?!? Any ideas?

No comments: