Sunday, October 12, 2008

Giving the Gift of Creativity

I recently had surgery and my lovely mother came to take care of me. When I started to feel better, I wanted to scrapbook. As I scrapbooked, I noticed that my mother became totally engrossed in what I was doing. She watched as I cropped the photos, designed layouts, and embellished my newest creations.

Later that day, while she was out shopping for me, I put together a basket of brand new scrapbook items for her. When she returned, I gave it to her and the joy on her face brought tears to my eyes. She could not have been happier. She immediately started scrapping about all the wonderful things that God has done and is doing in her life. Her opening page was entitled, "I Don't Mind Waiting."

I watched as she carefully arranged her pictures and embellishments on the page... She looked up at me and said, "I have somewhere to release my thoughts now... to share my passions and to express my views in life... I like scrapbooking because there is no wrong way to do it... You just let what is already inside of you flow out onto the pages."

I think that I gave my mother one of the best gifts ever... The gift of creativity!

No comments: