Friday, September 4, 2009

Getting Back to the Basics: Are you Fruitful or Busy?

It's Friday, September 4th and I have decided that I am just going to take the day off and enjoy myself. I received an email today from an old college friend and it really made me think. It basically talked about the difference between being busy and fruitful... It was really, really good and really, really God... I normally don't pass along chain emails and the sort, but something about this one just really struck a chord...

Ummm..... let's see..... I still have it so why don't I just share it with you?

{Source}

Are you Busy or Fruitful?

Everyone today seems to be busy. Ask just about anyone how they are and the will respond, “Busy”! Between working, kids, and just trying to have a life we’re busy! But God never once told us in His Word to be busy. He told us to be fruitful. There was a time in my life that I never took a day off in years. I now realize, that was not smart and in opposition to Gods Law of rest. My life was out of balance physically, emotionally, and mentally. And when that happens it opens a door for Satan to come and destroy your house. Many people don’t stop to eat or better yet think about what they are eating, when they do. When you don’t slow down marriages are destroyed, your health decreases and your happiness disappears. I know all about this a couple yours ago I had a dream job in some peoples eyes. And at that time and season of my life it was. But the busier I was, the less I had time to even hear from God concerning what His will was for me. I had a plan for my life, the key is I. Yes I was passionate, but my passion was often misplaced. I started agreeing to do things that God clearly told me to say NO. But I didn’t listen. Because I was too busy, my brain was cluttered, I had to do this and that. Eventually I became so unhappy that it was unbearable. I now realize that God has not called us to be busy, but to bear GOOD FRUIT!


Don’t make the mistake of being too busy to do the things you need to do in order to be a genuine success!


Ask Yourself: Are you doing what you truly desire to do, or are you trying to live up to the expectations and demands others have placed on you? Think about!


When you’re too busy read: Ecclesiastes 3:1-15


I hope that you enjoyed this as much as I did... Or maybe this one was just for me... When I began this blog I named it "Destiny Awakes" because it was my most ardent desire to use this blog as a tool to be be an inspiration to myself as well as others. It was my desire to encourage others to free their creative energies and to channel them into the directions that would one day lead them into... or cause the destiny that lies within them to be awakened. You can read my first post here .


But somehow... somewhere along the way, I got too busy... Too busy to focus in and fully allow my destiny to come into its full fruition. Yes, I challenged and channeled my creativity in many, many ways along the way... But still my destiny awaits me...


So, today I will take the time to unclutter my mind and to channel my thoughts, passion, desires, hopes, dreams, and my creativity into the direction of my destiny... Today I have a new event to plan with a Master Planner....

Destiny awaits....

No comments: