Friday, September 11, 2009

"Quote Me"

Since I can remember, I have always enjoyed writing and poetry. From time to time I get completely random thoughts and I immediately write them down for later use... The problem is that when I go back for them later; I have no idea where they are... So now when these thoughts come to mind I will post them here... Umm, what about starting right now...

Quote Me #01


Faithfulness is not something that you have to work at when you are with someone that you really love... ~M'Shonta


Who knows maybe with these random thoughts I can form a collection of books like one of my favorite poets Javan. His books are comprised random thoughts on love and life that speaks to us all. Here are a few a quotes from one of my favorites, "Something to Someone."
  • ~Can I live without you, now that I know you, now that I know you exist? Can I sleep at night without seeing your smile, now that I've seen it for real? Can I be the same, now that I've changed with the gentle touch of your hand? Now that I'm divided by my need for you, without you, can I be whole again?
  • ~I thought it funny when they asked if I felt cheated now that I've lost you; for I could have lost you only if I had owned you the way I might own a coin. But you are another person traveling through life, and I was lucky just to have shared a part of your journey. So how could I feel cheated when there are so many who have never known you at all.
  • ~For a few moments in my life, you made me feel as if I truly meant Something to Someone....
  • ~It's so easy to think about love, to talk about love, to wish for love. But it's not always easy to recognize love, even when we hold it in our hands.
  • ~So often I hear it from others, others who are struggling to make their relationship what it should be naturally. Yet they don't hesitate to say, "With so many people out there surely you can find someone." But my problem lies in the fact that I don't want just someone...I want the right Someone.
  • ~What a price we pay for experience, when we must sell our youth to buy it.
  • ~I am not very good at this game called Life, for I've not learned to see children crying without feeling pain, for I've not learned to watch animals being destroyed without wondering why. For I've not yet met a king or celebrity that I would bow down to, or a man so insignificant that I would use for a stepping-stone. For I've not yet learned to be a "yes man" to narrow minded bosses who quote rules without reason, and I've not learned to manipulate the feelings of others to be used for my own advantages, then cast aside as I see fit. No, I am not very good at this game called Life, and if everything goes well, maybe I never will be...
  • ~You can know someone better in a moment of Honesty than ever you can in a lifetime of Lies..
  • ~Watching you walk out of my life does not make me bitter or cynical about love, but rather makes me realize that if I wanted so much to be with the wrong person, how beautiful it will be when the right one comes along.
  • ~There are so many words, yet there are no words, for when I look into your eyes, no words need to be spoken, and the warmth of your smile is a statement in itself. And how could I ever try to explain the trembling in my body when I touch your face? There are no words to explain an emotion, so I open to you my mind, that you might walk among my dreams and memories. Then...and only then, you might understand my silence.
  • ~I will know Love no matter what circumstances the world may give me, no matter how many people choose to turn and walk away. I will find love in the laughter of little children, in the gentleness of animals, in the beauty and glory of Nature, in the knowledge of myself. And when the day comes that I find someone who does not turn away, I will give Love with all my heart.
  • ~Just how high can the human heart rise in a world so full of uncaring eyes? Where animals suffer and children die, and people fight wars without knowing why? Where alcohol and drugs cause wasted lives, and shelters are full of unwed mothers and battered wives? But should the day come that man learns to care, and no longer wants just to take, but also to share, and he learns that everything has the right to live, and life is something he can take, but not give. When he learns to approach life with a heart full of love for everything on Earth and in the heavens above. When he learns to do these things he will have opened the door to knowing just how high the human heart can soar.
  • ~I've been touched by the morning sun that chases the night away, and I've been touched by the gentle words that love-struck poets say. And I've been touched by the morning mist everyone calls the dew, but it all seems more beautiful now that I've been touched by you

  • ~Whether it was chance or that thing called fate that brought me to you, I really can't say, and I don't believe it really matters. For I have been lucky enough to have the opportunity to hold you, not just in my arms, but also in my heart. And should the winds of time blow hard enough to take you from my arms, you can rest assured they will never take you from my heart.
  • ~I am a collection of characteristics both physical and mental that makes me completely unique. No one else anywhere is exactly like me. And I realize that now everyone who crosses my path will be interested in what I have to offer. But my strength comes from the belief that someone somewhere can and will appreciate me for what I am.~I don't wish to be everything to everyone, but I would like to be something to someone...

I have owned his complete collection for over 10 years and I can honestly say that it has been the one most influencial secular books that I have ever read. I often find myself sifting through the pages from time to time in search of inspiration. If you would like to own this collection {which I highly recommend} please click here. You can buy the entire collection for less than $20.

Read through a few of them, and lemme know which ones are your favs, okay?

No comments: