Monday, September 6, 2010

{Speaking} the Words, {Demonstrating} my Love

A few weeks ago, I had the pleasure of assisting a friend in planning her surprise 9th Anniversary celebration. She was sooo excited to express her love for her husband in a special and unique way. It wasn't long until her excitement spewed over into me as well...

Her theme for the night was {Speaking} the Words, {Demonstrating} my Love and colors were red, black and white. I could not wait to help make her {Vision} a {Reality}. And with being said, my bloggy friends, it was another event for Visuality!

Playing off of the word {words} she selected 9 words that best described the nine years of their marriage and we created cards that expounded on that one word. For example, she selected the word "Grow." And the card read a little something like this:

Word: Grow

Meaning: To increase in amount or degree; intensify. To come into existence from a source; spring up.

Demonstration: My love for you has grown so much over the past 9 years. I have grown in {love} and I have {grown} in love. As our love for one another continues to intensify; I will be forever grateful for the seeds of love, joy, forgiveness and assurance that you have planted into my life.

Gift: A Packet of Seeds

Now, that you have a little clearer picture... Let's share a few photogs... The first few are pictures are of the cards. There were nine cards; each one symbolizing a year of their marriage.




Next, are photogs of the dollar tree finds that I was able to dazzle up using some scrapbooking embellishments that I already had on hand... You likey?






Her neighbor was kind enough to bake them this delish Alabama themed Anniversary cake. Ha! A very funny inside joke!



And lastly, are photogs of the room once we were all done with the decorating...







I am sure that the night was thoroughly enjoyed by the married couple and I was gracious for being a part of their 9th Anniversary celebration.

If anyone has material possessions and sees his brother in need but has no pity on him, how can the love of God be in him? Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth. ~ 1 John 3:17-18

No comments: