Thursday, December 22, 2011

Today is My Birthday and I Celebrate My {Life}

Hi, my name is Melanie and today I am 32 years old! There, I said it... Wow! Where has the time gone? It seems like just yesterday; I was a naïve college girl bee-bopping around Normal's Hill walking in four inch stilettos and going nowhere fast! My, how the times have changed!
As I reflect on my life today… I thank God for seeing a purpose to call me forth out of eternity and into the earth to fulfill the plan and purpose that He has predestined for my life. My heart is overwhelmed with thankfulness this morning… As I celebrate my 32nd birthday I am so thankful for all that He has done in these years.

Here is an excerpt from my early morning prayer time:

Father, I don't receive another gift, I thank You for the greatest gift of all... I thank You for a second chance at life through Son Jesus Christ! Inspite of all of the bad decisions, wrong choices and numerous mistakes...You loved me, when I didn't love myself... You kept me, when I didn't want to be kept... You believed in me, when I doubted... You trusted me, even when I was unfaithful... and You forgave me, even though I thought my sins were unforgiveable!!! Today I am thankful that I am able to celebrate my {birth} and the {life} that you have gifted unto Me!

This prayer only encompasses a portion of what I truly feel toward His love, mercy and kindness that He has bestowed upon my life… I am blessed beyond measure and I have many more years to treasure!

Thank you Jesus for life! For He said in His word… He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life (1 John 5:12). It is because of You that I celebrate my {birth} and {life} on this day…

Happy Birthday to Me! 
 

2 comments:

Adrienne said...

Happy Birthday! You look beautiful!

M'Shonta said...

Thanks Adrienne and so are you and your entire family! Happy Holidays!