Thursday, May 21, 2009

Bridal Tea Games

I was gifted with the task of picking games to play at my bf bridal tea. Now, I like to consider myself the {Queen of Games}, but this one...well, let's say it caught me off my {game}.

I spent several weeks searching for the perfect games to play at this very formal hat and glove tea, and finally I decided to give up my search and create a game of my own...
Thus my very own bridal tea game came into {play}. I called it "Fit to the Tea." Please see the directions and a few examples of the questions that were included in the game below.

Fit to the "Tea"
{please read each definition and enter the word that fits the definition. Remember each answer must contain the word "tea"}
  1. The quality or state of being popular; especially, the state of being esteemed by, or of being in favor with, the people at large; good will or favor proceeding from the people. Populari "tea"
  2. The effect by which one accidentally discovers something fortunate, especially while looking for something else entirely: Serendipi "tea"
  3. An adjective used to describe things as possessing beauty: Bea "tea" ful
  4. An event, usually and ordinarily staged by a local community, which centers on some unique aspect of that community: Festivi "tea"
  5. The practice of benevolent giving: Chari "tea"

To warm up the crowd we played the familiar left/right game, but of course I added a little personal touch. It was a sight to see at least 100 guest sitting at about 15 different tables trying to determine their left from their right. {insert giggle} Especially the older ladies from church!


I did not want to make the game segment of the tea too long, so I incorporated the last game into the gift opening portion. It was bridal bingo... You may have seen something very similar at a baby shower or another bridal shower, and if you have not it works wonders on the crowd. To play you just create a standard bingo card and place a ring in the middle for the free space. Leave all the other spaces on the card blank. The guest should write a the name of a different gift in each box according to what they think that the bride will receive. When the bride is opening gifts and she opens something that they have written then they will mark an "X" in that box. As the bride continues to open gifts the guest will continue to cross mark out the corresponding items on their bingo cards. {This game keeps the guest alert and watching with enthusiasm as the bride opens her gifts}.

In the end, I was really pleased with the way that the games turned out for the tea and for the crowd. Have you ever had to created a game for a bridal shower? If so, how did it turn out?

No comments: