Monday, January 26, 2009

Warning: There is a Shifting in Subject Matters... This is not wedding related....

This weekend after attending a eye opening women's conference, I settled down to watch my superbowl... Miss America....

While the pageant was quite entertaining (any pageant is fun for me... it could be Miss Sweet Potato); I have come to the conclusion that Miss America pageant is beginning to lack its luster...

I know... I know... My days of being a pageant competitor are long over (and I don't wish them back), but there is something different about the Miss America pageant system. Ummm..... I choose not to go there... Okay, since you forced me I will...

I was really pleased with this year's 1st runner up... Chasity Hardman. In my opinion she should have won, but obviously the judges and I were looking for somthing totally different.




I long for the days past when the girls really strived to make a difference in their schools, their communities and their country...

I long for the days past when the girls really participated for the scholarship money and actually used it to further educate themselves...

I long for the days past when Miss America was so real, so touchable, so relatable...

Maybe they will get it together someday America.... Until next time...

No comments: